Acute or chronic shoulder pain can make it impossible to lift objects, sleep comfortably, or otherwise live your normal life. To make matters worse, a painful shoulder condition can also refer symptoms to your neck, arm or other areas, reducing you quality of life even further. The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to undergo shoulder surgery, rely on drugs to sleep, or just “grit your teeth and live with it.” Either Beaumont chiropractor here at Family Chiropractic Wellness Center can help you overcome your pain through conservative care.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
The shoulder is a more complex structure than you might think– and while this complexity enables it to move freely in all directions, it also opens the door to a variety of potential problems. Your Beaumont shoulder pain may be the result of:
- Dislocated shoulder – Sudden impacts or acute stress can cause the upper arm bone (the “ball” of the joint”) to pop out of its socket. This agonizingly painful injury may damage the surrounding soft tissues that hold the joint in place.
- Shoulder bursitis – Your shoulder has fluid-filled sacs called bursae that reduce friction during joint movement. Inflammation of the bursae can cause pain that gradually gets worse and may radiate down the arm.
- Frozen shoulder – Frozen shoulder occurs when fibrous tissue around the joint capsule’s connective tissues thicken and stiffen, painfully restricting your range of motion.
- Rotator cuff Injury – The four muscles that govern your shoulder motion are collectively known as the rotator cuff. Inflammation or tears in this structure may occur in an acute accident or as the end result of constant joint overuse.
- Strains and sprains – Strains involve the treating or stretching or muscles and tendons, while sprains involve similar injuries to the ligaments. They can occur all at once or gradually. an unbalanced musculoskeletal system can make you more vulnerable to strains and sprains.
- Tendinitis – Inflammation of the tendons is known as tendinitis. Shoulder tendinitis is a common affliction among tennis players or workers who must make constant overhand motions.
Holistic Treatment for Shoulder and Neck Pain in Beaumont
Your Beaumont chiropractor at Family Chiropractic Wellness Center can address, not just the nature of your shoulder injury, but also the underlying reasons for it. For instance, if weak muscles are causing shoulder instability, your chiropractor in Beaumont can prescribe corrective strengthening exercises. Our drug-free physiotherapy options can relieve pain and inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments can normalize joint position while also improving your overall alignment, reducing the odds of future strains. If shoulder inflammation is pinching nerves and referring pain to the neck, our personalized treatment options could be your solution to both shoulder and neck pain in Beaumont.
Bring Your Shoulder Problem to Family Chiropractic Wellness Center
Don’t shoulder the burden of shoulder pain any longer. Call (951) 845-6456 to get help from your chiropractor in Beaumont!