If You Need A Chiropractor in Beaumont for Help With Your Sports Injury, Then Meet the Wines
At Family Chiropractic Wellness Center, we’re confident that we can connect you with a chiropractor in Beaumont, CA who will care about your sports injury recovery as much as you do. Dr. Gary and Kathryn Wines love working with athletes of all ages and abilities, and our entire team does everything we can to help people heal naturally from a sports injury and empower our patients to help themselves, too.
Common Sports Injuries Our Beaumont Chiropractor Team Diagnoses & Treats
Exercise is an essential component of any healthy lifestyle, however injuries can and do occur. Some of the most common sports injuries diagnosed and treated by our Beaumont chiropractor team include:
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Herniated disc
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (“runner’s knee”)
- Medial or lateral epicondylitis (“golfer’s” or “tennis” elbow)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
4 Ways to Manage A Sports Injury On Your Own
When it comes to managing an acute injury, there are a few things that need to take priority. Specifically, this includes controlling inflammation, relieving pain, reducing swelling, and preventing further tissue damage.
In many cases, you can achieve these injury management priorities by practicing these 4 simple steps:
- Rest (taking a few days or few weeks off your sport, and/or avoiding the use of the injured body part)
- Ice (e.g., treating an injured area with cold therapy, typically following a 20 minutes on/20 minutes off schedulel)
- Compress (wrapping a swollen joint with an ace wrap or tight bandage)
- Elevate (positioning an injured body part above the level of your heart)
This recipe is easy to remember through the acronym RICE.
When to Schedule an Appointment With a Beaumont Chiropractor
Sometimes, the RICE protocol isn’t enough on its own to facilitate tissue healing. It may be time to seek help from a Beaumont chiropractor (or your primary care doctor) if:
- Your injury is severely disrupting your ability to complete daily tasks
- You are losing sleep and/or missing work due to your injury
- Your injury is persisting for a long time, e.g., in excess of 2 weeks
- You’re concerned about your overall health
Our team uses chiropractic services that work with your nervous system to facilitate healing, relieve your symptoms, and prevent recurrence–without relying on drugs or invasive procedures. We can assess your posture and identify other “hidden” factors that may have increased your risk of injury in the first place, and support you in your recovery by providing nutritional counseling and corrective exercises to promote total body wellness.
Have you been hurt in the gym or in your sport? If you’re looking for sports injury rehab in Beaumont, visit Family Chiropractic Wellness Center